Morocco Day Tour From Casablanca
Day Tours From Casablanca To Marrakech
Full day excursion From Casablanca highlights:
A day tour from Casablanca to Marrakech is a popular option for those who want to explore the vibrant city of Marrakech but have limited time in Morocco. Marrakech is located approximately 240 kilometers (150 miles) south of Casablanca, and the journey takes around 2.5 to 3 hours by road.Here's a suggested itinerary for a day tour from Casablanca to Marrakech: .
1. Depart from Casablanca: Start your day early in the morning to make the most of your time in Marrakech. You can hire a private driver or join a guided tour from Casablanca. Most tours depart from central locations or your hotel.
2. Arrival in Marrakech: Once you arrive in Marrakech, your guide will take you on a walking tour of the city's main highlights. Start at the famous Koutoubia Mosque, the largest mosque in Marrakech. Admire its beautiful architecture and learn about its historical significance.
3. Explore the Medina: Next, head to the Medina, the historic old town of Marrakech. Stroll through the narrow winding streets, filled with colorful souks (markets), where you can shop for traditional handicrafts, spices, textiles, and more. Don't miss the vibrant Djemaa el-Fna square, a bustling hub of activity with food stalls, snake charmers, and street performers.
4. Visit the Bahia Palace: Continue your tour by visiting the Bahia Palace, a stunning 19th-century palace known for its intricate tilework, beautiful gardens, and architectural details. Explore the different rooms and courtyards while learning about the history of the palace.
5. Enjoy a Moroccan Lunch: Take a break from exploring and savor a traditional Moroccan lunch at a local restaurant. Try some delicious Moroccan dishes, such as tagine (slow-cooked stew) or couscous.
6. Visit the Majorelle Garden: After lunch, visit the Majorelle Garden, a tranquil oasis in the heart of Marrakech. Designed by French painter Jacques Majorelle, the garden is famous for its exotic plants, vibrant blue buildings, and the Berber Museum, which showcases Berber culture and art.
7. Free Time in the Medina: Depending on your schedule, you may have some free time to further explore the Medina. You can dive deeper into the souks, visit historical sites like the Ben Youssef Madrasa or the Saadian Tombs, or simply enjoy a cup of traditional mint tea in a local cafe.
8. Return to Casablanca: In the late afternoon or early evening, depart from Marrakech and head back to Casablanca. You will arrive in Casablanca in the evening, concluding your day tour.
Please note that this is a suggested itinerary, and you can customize it based on your preferences and the time available. It's advisable to book a guided tour or hire a reputable driver to ensure a smooth and hassle-free experience. .