Morocco Day Tour From Casablanca
Day Tours From Casablanca To Fes
Full day excursion From Casablanca highlights:
If you're looking to take a day tour from Casablanca to Fes, keep in mind that Fes is located about 320 kilometers (200 miles) east of Casablanca, and the journey typically takes around 3 to 4 hours by car or bus, depending on traffic conditions. While it's certainly possible to do a day trip, it will be a long day with limited time to explore Fes. It may be more enjoyable to consider an overnight trip to fully experience the city. That being said, if you're determined to do a day tour, here's a suggested itinerary:
1. Early Morning Departure: Start your day early to make the most of your time. Leave Casablanca in the morning, ideally around 7 or 8 a.m., to avoid heavy traffic.
2. Journey to Fes: Enjoy the scenic drive through the countryside as you make your way to Fes. You can either hire a private driver or join a guided tour that includes transportation.
3. Arrival in Fes: Once you arrive in Fes, start exploring the city immediately. Fes is known for its well-preserved medieval old town, Fes el-Bali, which is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Spend your time wandering through the narrow winding streets, visiting historic mosques, madrasas (religious schools), and traditional markets.
4. Highlights of Fes: Some must-visit attractions in Fes include the Al-Qarawiyyin Mosque, the University of Al-Qarawiyyin (the oldest continuously operating university in the world), the Bou Inania Madrasa, the Chouara Tannery (known for its traditional leather production), and the Mellah (Jewish Quarter).
5. Moroccan Cuisine: Take a break for lunch and sample some delicious Moroccan cuisine. Fes is known for its culinary delights, so make sure to try local dishes such as tagine, couscous, and pastilla.
6. Free Time and Shopping: After visiting the main attractions, you can spend some free time exploring further or shopping for souvenirs. Fes is famous for its handicrafts, including leather goods, ceramics, textiles, and traditional Moroccan carpets.
7. Return to Casablanca: In the late afternoon or early evening, start your journey back to Casablanca. Again, the travel time will depend on traffic conditions.
Please note that this itinerary is ambitious for a day trip, and you will only have a limited amount of time to explore Fes. Consider an overnight stay if you want a more relaxed and immersive experience of the city. .